WIN A FAMILY FUN PACK!
Kids Club Educational Program
For ages 4-12 years old!
As a member of the StanCoFair Kids Club, parents who sign up their kids will receive:
- Free tote bag with goodies
- Two free Carnival ride tickets
- Traveling passport postcard
A passport postcard allows a child to “travel” around the Fair by answering questions on the passport. Once the passport is stamped by each participating vendor and questions are answered, the kids MUST turn in their passport to the Information Booth during the 10-day run of the Fair for a chance to be entered in a drawing for (4) Monterey Bay Aquarium, (4) Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, (2) $40 Fandango gift cards, courtesy of KAT Country 103.
- Membership goodie bags will ONLY be available during Fair-time and can be picked up at the Information Booth.
- Participants must print out the e-mail confirmation from the Fair in order to pick up the tote bag. If a participant does not have e-mail, forms will be available during Fair-time at the Info Booth to register your child.
- Each child must be registered every year in order to participate.
- Passports turned in after the last day of Fair will be disqualified and will not be entered in the Ultimate Family Fun Pack drawing.
- Only ONE child will win the Grand Prize.
Kids Club Sponsors
Kid’s Zone at the Fair
The Sky Trek Kids Zone features; the Stanco Gaming Experience, 4-H Farmyard Experience and the Lowe’s Make-And-Take Project Zone!
California Foundation For Agriculture in the Classroom
Color and learn along with Farmer Joe and Farmer Maria as they show you how we all depend on farming. It is all around you!
My American Farm
Games, Trivia, Videos, Activities and so much more!
What’s Growin’ On?
Hey Kids… Learn more about Ag and how food is grown with the Crop Talk Interactive edition!
- Like humans, pigs are omnivores, meaning they eat both plants and other animals.
- Contrary to belief, pigs are very clean and only wallow in the mud to stay cool.
- Pigs have poor eyesight, but a great sense of smell.
- Pigs use their snout to search, or root, for food.
- The pig’s distant cousin is the hippopotamus.
- Pigs are among the smartest of all domesticated animals and are even smarter than dogs.
- Cows can sleep while they are standing up.
- A cow can drink a bathtub of water in a day.
- Cows can see in color and can smell up to six miles away.
- Studies show that cows produce more milk when listening to relaxing music.
- Most cows chew at least 50 times per minute.
- An average cow weighs about 1,400 lbs.
- Cows spend about 8 hours each day eating.
- Cows’ front teeth are only on the bottom—they have no front upper teeth. As to the back, cows have top and bottom molars.
- Horses cannot breathe through their mouths.
- Horses run shortly after birth.
- Because their eyes are on their sides, horses can see 360 degrees at one time.
- Horses use their tails to send signals to each other about how they are feeling.
- A pony is not a baby horse, but rather a full grown small horse.
- A horse typically sleeps 2.5 to 3 hours a day and longer in the summer than winter.
- A horse’s teeth can be used to estimate its age.
- There are over a billion sheep in the world.
- Sheep have poor eyesight, but an excellent sense of hearing.
- Sheep are very social creatures.
- Sheep do not seek shelter from rain but they do seek shade.
- Shepherds use sheep dogs to herd their sheep.
- The names given to babies are lambs.
- There are more chickens on earth, than there are people, over three billion in China alone.
- Chickens are the closest living relative of the tyrannosaur.
- Chickens are sociable animals; they form firm friendships and avoid chickens they do not know.
- Chickens can see daylight 45 minutes before humans can.
- Chickens can fly short distances.
- Chickens will be less ‘flighty’ if while tending a pen or chicken house the caretaker walks backwards.
- If a chicken has red earlobes, it will lay brown eggs if it has white earlobes it will lay white eggs.